I do not know about you, but my kids love doing crafts. The mess it makes - I'm not so crazy about.
If I turn my back for a second to get a cup of water for water colors, I will usually find my kids painting their bodies with finger paints or cutting their hair. That is why I LOVE the craft room at Pretend City.
Pretend City has a staff that brings all the craft supplies to us. Ready for the best part? - They clean it all up!
Last week the kids were enjoying making Olympic themed crafts. It was so much fun that they were having trouble leaving the craft room to explore the rest of the museum.
I am having some friends and their kids over to play this weekend, and we wanted to reproduce some of these fun olympic crafts. Here are the steps on how to make these fun crafts at home.
Olympic torch craft
- 1 sheet of white construction paper
- Clear tape
- Red, yellow, and orange tissue paper
- Roll the construction paper into a cone shape, then tape it closed
- Allow the children to stuff the cone with tissue paper
- Decorate the outside with markers or stickers
Olympic medal craft
- Cardboard cut into 2" circles
- Red, white and blue ribbon
- Glitter glue
- Cover the cardboard with foil
- Let the children decorate the medal with glitter glue
- Once the glue dries, attach the ribbon to the medal
Disclosure: We were provided with media tickets to enjoy making these fun Olympic themed crafts at Pretend City. All our thoughts and opinions are of our own.