My kids have been busy helping to give back this weekend with Club Penguin. Through this program, Coins for Change, Club Penguin has given 9 million dollars to charities all around the world. Club Penguin is encouraging children to not only help online by participating in the virtual Coins for Change fundraising event, but to also go out a host a bake sale in their own community.
During last years Coins for Change event, more than 175 million players donated over 10 billion coins to help make the world a better place. Club Penguin has already helped more than one million people in more than 42 countries with programs like:
- 20 schools built for over 20,000 children
- 25 school libraries built for 50,000 children
- 27 playgrounds for over 85,000 children
- 33 clean water projects for over 50,000 children and families
- Youth engagement and educational programs around the world for over 1,000,000 children and families
"Over the past six years, Coins for Change has inspired our players to take action and make a difference in the lives of millions of kids and families all over the world," said Chris Heatherly, head of Club Penguin. "We hope this year's Coins for Change virtual bake sale empowers our players to start similar programs and make a positive difference in their local communities."
Disclosure: We were not compensated for this post. Club Penguin provided us with complimentary cookies. All our photos, thoughts and opinions are of our own.